Weight loss since my journey began.

Weight lost since banded 3/1/2011

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Back to work tomorrow

I have to go back to work tomorrow and I really would rather not. I have been teaching for 17 years, had 5 children and took a leave with each. I never wanted to stay home as much as I do now. I don't know why returning is so different this time, and it was a shorter leave than when I had the boys. I have enjoyed being home with my boys so much and the idea of leaving them to go teach other people's children makes me kinda sad. I do think my first graders are special and I have missed them, but I knew they were in very capable hands.


My back to work worries.....
     How do I get enough to drink unless I drink in front of my students
     No eating in front of them so I am going to have to 
                          sneak protein drinks (YUK) for "snacks"
     Packing the 'right stuff' for lunch
      I am going to be tired without my coffee
     Still limited to 10 pounds lifting and my school bag is heavier than
                          that (I had a hernia repaired when I was banded)
     Maybe the kids liked the sub better than me ( I know I shouldn't
                         care but I do) She IS wonderful.
     Hope the kids were good and I am not returning to any new problems
     The waistband of my pants irritates the almost healed incision at my port site
      I am going to miss my own children like crazy!!!!!
      I have SSSSOOOOOOO much paperwork to get caught up on
      I'm going to miss my Mr.
      I have to get up at 5:30 ... What if I sleep thru my alarm
     
I know I am over-emotional. It goes along with this time of the month (OH and that is late! and I am NOT pg - I guess it the "stress" I put my body thru this month and not being around any females in about 3 weeks - got my hormones all out of whack - Wonder if this is common.)

4 comments:

  1. Good luck going back to work :o) I know it's hard but you will get through it. Just try to take it easy the first few days - you will be exhausted when you get home, so take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your first day back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How was your first day? I hope it was better than you dreamed...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your well wishes. The first day back was tiring but successful. I had a great sub who had everything under control and organized. I was lucky.

    ReplyDelete